Wednesday 28 February 2018

Finding Ninjas in Mexico


We are over halfway through our medical excursion in Tijuana and looking forward to heading home.  The Oasis of Hope (http://www.oasisofhope.com/) is a great place with incredible staff and treatment, but it is still a hospital and three weeks in a hospital (getting poked and prodded) will be more than enough.  There are about 25 other cancer patients here, all with interesting stories and many miracles.  However, often times you really just want to have some daily life conversations, about things other than cancer and treatments. Day-by-day living, which includes a communal treatment room and three communal meals, has been taxing for both Loretta and me.  
Loretta has been busy reviewing files and organizing work for the office while here.  Meanwhile, I have been hooked up to treatment IV bags for about 3 hours/day.  We met with the doctors today and they had finally received the notes of the MRI I had on February 1.  They didn’t get the images but they were thrilled with the results and that there has been no evidence of growth.  That is usually not the case, so they both congratulated me!  They also both think that what we have been doing with the diet and the blood work have been very effective, so we are feeling very thankful for all of the angels that have led us to these alternative treatments.  Yesterday morning I gave a whack of blood that they will now customize in the lab here to raise a squad of super t-cells that will be reintroduced back into my body in four vaccines during our last week here.  I am calling them my ninjas!  Please pray that the creation of these ninja fighters is done effectively in the lab and that the reintroduction of them back into my body is effective.  We need them to be prolific in reproduction so that the small ninja group becomes an army of killer samurai that are trained to recognize my cancer profile, hunt the cancer cells down, and slay the beast.  Pretty cool science stuff.  In order to let the ninjas do their job, I’ve got to stop taking my daily chemo for the next three weeks.  After that, I’ll resume the usual chemo schedule.

If you are interested in learning more about this ninja treatment, you can read about supercharged t-cells here: https://www.cancer.gov/types/brain/research/immunotherapy-glioblastoma
Treatment room
Morning devotions
Prayer requests:
1. Ninja warriors grow with an intense desire to kill my GBM cancer cells.  And then that my body accepts these ninja warriors and they grow quickly in my body.

2. Good health for both Loretta and me during our last days in Tijuana.  And then that the vaccines work powerfully when we get back home.
3. The tax season work for Loretta and her co-workers goes well in March!
4. We may continue to be nourished by the daily devotionals here.
5. Strength for the daily routine here.  
6. Thank God that He directed us to this place.

No comments:

Post a Comment